Pages

Burgers with Ben at Byron || Review.

13.4.14

I'm sorry, it seems I took an unintentional hiatus from blogging; studying, work and starting my YouTube channel kinda took over my life. On top of all that, I had a bit of a mental block when it came to thinking of post ideas. But that's all besides the point because now I am back with a vengeance...or something like that.

Yesterday, my boyfriend and I decided to take a trip to Cambridge so he could go to the barbers and we could have a poke around the shops. He also wanted to show me one of his favourite burger joints. Now I am not a huge burger fan, I will usually opt for something else if I can just because I find them messy and, usually, they all taste the same to me. Then I was introduced to Byron and now I think I might be a burger convert.

The restaurant itself is all aesthetically pleasing etc. but that's not what you guys care about, the food is AMAZING. For drinks I chose cream soda and Ben went for Byron's own pale ale. Both great accompaniments for what we ordered.


Now for the important bit, the burgers were hands down the most delicious burgers we've had. Cooked medium and beautifully pink the middle, served in a wonderfully soft and almost sweet bun, both had a pickle on the side and came topped with lettuce, red onion and tomato (the tomato was quickly fished out of both!) mine had American cheese added and Ben's had cheddar and dry cure bacon.

And the sides! We played it safe and just ordered two to share- mac and cheese and french fries- but the temptation to ask for one of everything was most definitely there! The fries were seasoned to perfection with a crisp outside and a wonderfully fluffy centre. Mac and cheese is a personal favourite of mine (carbs AND cheese? sign me right up!) so I was concerned they wouldn't get it right, but boy oh boy did they- crunchy on top and gooey in the middle, absolute heaven.

It didn't take us long to plough through all that food, but afterwards we were stuffed- we genuinely had no room for dessert, and we live for dessert!


All in all, it was the perfect place to have lunch. It's definitely family friendly without being tacky or over the top. The service was great, incredibly prompt despite how busy the place got. We arrived just after 1pm and didn't have to wait for a table but when we left just before 2 (see, told you the service was prompt!) there was a queue out the door. Most of the restaurants are located in London but you can see if there is one near you here. If you get the chance to go, definitely do- reasonably priced, great tasting food in a brilliant environment.

And my view across the table wasn't so bad ;)


What exciting things did you do with your weekend?









All views are my own. This post is not sponsored.


No comments:

Post a Comment