Pages

Pamper Night Essentials.

3.9.14




I love a good pampering sesh, there's nothing better than getting home and having some proper 'me' time. I regularly make time to treat myself, I find it helps me feel less anxious and I sleep better; as a result I have some pamper night essentials. 

First either pop on one of your favourite films (I've put a few of my top 10 there- He's Just Not That Into You, Beauty and the Beast and Rent...I have an eclectic taste!) or get the latest copy of your favourite magazine and give your face a good old wash with your cleanser of choice. 


Now it's time for a face mask. There are two I seem to alternate between, the first is Sanctuary Spa's 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask-  this self warming, charcoal mask opens up pores and gets right in there to get rid of any impurities. If I fancy a bit of a more vigorous exfoliation then I've been opting for Lush's Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask, the great thing about this is that it has ground almond shells in it to exfoliate. I usually find beaded exfoliators too harsh and steer clear of them, but the all natural ingredients in this make it a winner. As it has no preservatives, you need to keep this in the fridge to ensure it keeps which makes it that bit more refreshing when you put it on.



 While my face mask is doing it's job I like to give myself a bit of a mani-pedi. I run a small bath of hot water and dip my feet in, then using Soap and Glory's The Scrub of Your Life I give my feet a good seeing to- gross I know but if you don't regularly scrub your feet you'll end up with cracked heels and flaky skin which is never a strong look. After my feet are baby soft, I slather a bit of Heel Genius on and rub in a bit of Hand Food on the backs of my hands to make sure my skin is hydrated. 

The most stressful part of a pamper evening comes from choosing a nail colour, more than 9 times out of 10 I use Barry M Nail Paints, they have a huge range of reasonably priced colours to choose from and the quality is great. The time of year completely depends on my choice of nail colour- pastels in spring/summer, muted tones in autumn and brights on the run up to Christmas...I can't be the only person who does this, right?

Now I've put myself in the mood to pamper so I will leave it here- what are your pamper night essentials? 




No comments:

Post a Comment