Pages

Keep it clean, people!

22.2.14

The internet has fast become an absolute goldmine of information on how to apply make up, yet there are significantly fewer blog posts and vlogs talking about how to properly wash your face. For years my mum badgered me about the importance of a good skin care regime and, during my moody teenage years I dutifully ignored her and treated my skin terribly, but no, at the ripe old age of 23, it pains me to admit that mum was right (she has a terrible habit of doing that). Taking proper care of your skin isn't just good for preventing and fighting spots, it makes applying make up so much easier, significantly reduces the amount of foundation and concealer you need and virtually eradicates the need for primer.

Just to give you an overview, my skin is fairly sensitive and can get quite dry (thanks, eczema!) but on the whole it's not too bad with regards to spots, although I am susceptible when shark week comes around, like every other girl on the planet. Although, I have found that when I stick to a proper cleansing routine my break outs are far fewer and further between.

But enough blabbering on, let's get to the point and give you a step-by-step on how I cleanse my face every night and most mornings (sometimes you just need that  extra five minutes in bed)- I start by popping a little bit of Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion on to two cotton wool pads and holding them on my eyes for about 10 seconds then wipe my eye make up away. Simple have always been a much loved brand of mine, and holding the pads over my eyes helps to remove waterproof mascara.

Next I move on to Clinique's 3-Step- I've been favouring this regime for almost 3 years now and, although I occasionally stray to other products, I always come crawling back. The products vary depending on skin type so, if you choose to give them a go, it's best to nip down to a Clinique counter and have them advise you. I wet my face with warm water and massage two pumps of Clinique Liquid Facial Soap all over- I avoid my eyes just because they get irritated quite easily but I'm almost certain you can use this to remove eye make up too- I keep rubbing for about 30 seconds to really lift the build up of product and oil out of my pores and what not, then wipe it all off with a flannel. I pat my face dry with a towel and use a cotton pad to swipe my face with Clinique Clarifying Lotion, I much prefer this to a beaded exfoliator because you can feel it getting to work without feeling like you're having several layers of skin scrubbed off. I finish up using Clinique All About Eyes and Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. The great thing about Clinique as a brand, as well as being generally great at what they do, is that they LOVE a free gift; they usually do an offer along the lines of "spend this much and we'll give you this", All About Eyes is often one of the freebies they give out meaning I've never had to actually buy any. All of their moisturisers seem to dry quickly without leaving a greasy feeling and a little really goes a long way, so use sparingly!

Once or twice a week I'll use a face mask, at the moment I'm loving Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Facial Wash and Mask,  but generally I find following my routine helps to keep my skin clear and radiant. Don't get me wrong though, I'm no super woman and every now and then I am prone to laziness and just give myself a once over with a face wipe- don't tell mum!



(I now see I forgot to include Simple Cleansing Lotion in my picture...oops!)


1 comment:

  1. The blog is Awesome!

    Coupon: HCTVIP ,Save $94 + 10% Off the Babyliss Pro Mira Curl@ www.haircurltool.com

    ReplyDelete