Pages

Mac Mineralize || Review

18.5.14





MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation- £27.00



 So, long time no speak...again. Revision and finals are
kinda getting on top of me so this and my attempt at a YouTube channel have been severely neglected- just bear with me until the 31st of May then I will have nothing but time to devote to blogging!
Anyway, let's get to the point of this post, I recently ran out of foundation and fancied trying something new. Very predictably, I fell into my nearest MAC store and asked their advice. Since summer is just around the corner (fingers crossed!) I wanted to go for something a bit more dewy than I normally would, and the lovely lady working the counter directed me straight to the Mineralize range where I ended up buying the foundation, powder and concealer.

We'll start with the foundation. I always love MAC packaging so there's no complaints there, the actual product is a bit of a different matter. As you can see from the pictures at the start of this post, it's definitely dewy so I got what I asked for but I find it might be a bit too dewy. I'm concerned that I look more sweaty than glowy, if I'm honest. As for lasting, today I have just been moseying around and it's faired well, especially for something that's not full coverage (it's more medium, if you were wondering), and even when I worked an 8 hour shift yesterday it held up fairly well without any need for setting spray. That being said, it doesn't feel like it's really worked into my skin, if you know what I mean; it's not heavy at all, but I am very aware that I'm wearing foundation. Would I buy it again? I'm not sure, like I said it's a lot more dewy than I'm used to so perhaps it's that that's holding me back. I'm going to persevere with it for a few more weeks and then see how I feel. If you do want to look like there's a lightbulb inside your skull though, this may well be the foundation for you!
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural- £22.00


Now for the powder, I got this in the shade Light Plus so it doesn't add any colour for me, it just sets everything in place. Their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powders are all low coverage so should be suited to all skin types. I have been loyal to Rimmel's Stay Matte for as long as I can remember, but recently I've found it goes a bit to cakey and clings to dry patches, so this may have replaced it as my go to powder! settles really nicely on the skin, without caking up around the nose or showing everyone my dry patches. As far as I can tell, it neither adds nor takes away from the glow of the foundation underneath so presumably it'll be great over a range of foundations. Despite being significantly more expensive than Rimmel, I can see myself repurchasing this.
MAC Mineralize Concealer- £16.50





Finally, the concealer. I always need a nice, creamy concealer to cover the ever-present bags under my eyes and I figured that I may as well get the full set. This is probably my least favourite product, firstly it seems to make all my eye makeup smudge a lot more, a problem I never usually have. It feels almost slippery when you put it on so, despite providing full coverage of bags at first, it slides all over the place throughout the day and leaves you with minimal coverage (although that could just be my eyeliner leaking down my face!) Setting it with powder didn't help it to stay either. Honestly, I'm fairly disappointed meaning I won't buy this again. I'm in the market for a new concealer if anyone knows of any good'uns.



And that's about it for this post, what foundation, powder and concealer are you using at the minute? Would you recommend? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment